DIRECT INVESTMENT IMMIGRATION PROGRAM
- In order for an applicant to qualify under the three basic requirements must be met:
- Investment in a new business.
- Investment of at least $1 million (or $500,000 in certain cases) into the business.
- Creation of employment for at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.
In order for an applicant to qualify under the DIRECT INVESTMENT IMMIGRATION PROGRAM three basic requirements must be met: Investment in a new business. Investment of at least $1 million (or $500,000 in certain cases) into the business. Creation of employment for at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.The investment may consist of various forms of capital, such as cash (including a gift or loan), equipment, inventory, property, and other tangible equivalents. An investment amount of $1 million is generally the minimum. However, $500,000 is acceptable if the business is situated in a “targeted” employment area, i.e., one that has experienced unemployment of at least 150% of the national average rate or a rural area.
REGIONAL CENTER INVESTMENT IMMIGRATION PROGRAM
The requirements for Regional Center investment are essentially the same as in the direct EB-5 program. EB-5 Investment Immigration Regional Centers are entities, organizations or agencies that focus on a specific geographic area within the United States in order to promote economic growth in the region. Most Regional Centers are in targeted employment areas, i.e., areas that have an unemployment rate that is at least 1.5 times higher than the national average. Investment Immigration Regional Centers are designated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). The Centers do not guarantee profit or the return of an investor’s principal investment.
BENEFITS OF USING REGIONAL CENTER INVESTMENT PROGRAM
- Generally less up-front investment capital is needed ($500,000 vs. $1 million USD).
- No day-to-day management required.
- The jobs created from the investment can be direct or indirect.
- The investor can live and work anywhere in the U.S.
- The investor can be retired.